I make these banana pancakes for girls nights and they are a huge hit. Everyone legitimately thinks they are plain-old buttermilk pancakes! But they’re totally not! They’re gluten-free and vegan!
Gluten-Free & Vegan Banana Pancakes
In one bowl stir together:
- 1 & 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 5 tablespoons ground tapioca
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds mixed with 1/2 cup warm water
In another bowl stir together:
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Add the wet bowl to the try bowl and stir well.
Heat a non-stick pan (very important) to medium high heat and grease it down with some coconut oil. When the pan is hot, add a dollop of batter at a time. Flip with a spatula when ready and flatten it back out again (sometimes they try to be thick if you don’t flatten them out with a spatula).
Serve with coconut oil, fresh berries, and maple syrup. Bon Appétit!